How To Move Away From Insecure Prox / 125kHz Credentials
Despite being widely used even today for access control, 125 kHz credentials are easily copied and are insecure.
However, changing to more secure credentials can cost thousands of dollars, even for smaller systems. In this guide, we cover the most common migration paths and examine the pros and cons of each so you can help choose the best path forward.
This guide covers:
- The Major Risk of Not Changing
- The 3 Most Common Migration Paths
- Pros & Cons of Each Method
- Mobile Credentials Option
- Biometrics Option
- HID Global Formats More Costly
- 13.56 MHz Read Ranges Shorter
- Changeover Cost Is The Biggest Factor
For related statistics, see Prox / 125 kHz Access Control Credential Usage Statistics and Multi-Frequency Readers Usage Statistics.